Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Phase I

So here's the rundown of what I can eat in Phase I which lasts for 2 weeks.

NO
No diary.
No legumes.
No breads, grains, and cereals.
No fruits (2 exceptions, see below).
No red meat.
No juices or drinks besides water or juiced veggies.


YES
Avocados, and tomatoes.
Fish - limit tuna to 1 can/week
Skinless poultry.
Vegetables
Nuts (but note, not peanuts which are actually in the legume family)
Some details: allowed condiments - vinegar, mustard and vegetable oils (safflower, sunflower, soy, olive, sesame). Herbs and seasonings without sugar or MSG. Balsamic vinegar and olive oil make a good salad dressing. Add garlic, lemon juice, tarragon leaves and pepper.

Phase I is about eating very few carbs. Since you are eating less carbs you can eat more meats and proteins than usual. Some sugar/carb withdrawl is expected as your body adjusts to burning fat for energy. Symptoms: cravings, fatigue, weakness, feeling shaky. That's awesome. I mean, that's just how I want to feel. Whoo! "This is temporary." Easy for you to say, paper!

Jumping in today! If anyone wants to join in, feel free. I know... it's tempting isn't it. ;)

 
Clicky Web Analytics