Thursday, April 16, 2009

The Ting Tings



A week ago today I was on my way to see The Ting Tings in SLC with Mickelle and Jules. Just getting there turned out to be an adventure; Jules blew out a tire around American Fork. Luckily Jules and a friendly stranger fixed it all up and we were on the road again.

Now before I talk about how great The Ting Tings were I have to mention the opening band. Hottub. Want to get a taste for what they were? Click this for a video or their name for their myspace page.

Now, you may have just checked those out and thought, "hey, they're not so bad." No, reader, no they're not. They're not the worst opening band I've seen, in fact, some of it could have been enjoyable. I was kind of into for a minute. That is until all hell broke loose. You see, my dear, what was missing from that video was the crazy, scantily-clad man dancing everywhere. Wait, did I say everywhere? Yeah... I meant it. He barreled through the crowd in his daisy dukes and knotted, sleeveless shirt. He scattered the crowd causing mass chaos as people ran to escape his odor and dance moves. Mickelle was even blessed enough to be one of those he rubbed against. She loved how she smelled afterwards. Needless to say, I was most comfortable that night once Hottub ended.

side note: I am not a fan of their band name/spelling. Also, I don't recommend doing a Google search of "hottub."

Then there were The Ting Tings. Jules and Kate were amazing (Jules De Martino that is, well, never mind, I'll let it stand). I screamed. I danced. I jumped. I think my favorites of the night for exhilarating dancing was "Great DJ" and "Shut Up and Let Me Go." It was a great concert. Great, great, great.

In the words of Mickelle
"I wish I was a Ting Ting."

1 comment:

mickelle said...

hahaha, i was totally going to blog about this and use that picture!! ughh. maybe we should stop hanging out so i have more to blog about. jk lol rofl

 
Clicky Web Analytics