Tuesday, April 28, 2009

School Lunch

Do you remember those delicious square pizzas you could buy at school lunch? So do I... I crave them at the weirdest times. They're so cheap and delicious. Ok, my mouth is seriously watering ...again.


Today I had a conversation with Tyler Severson that led us on a hunt to find out where we could get some. I thought a good place to start would be with the whole school lunch themed restaurants that are all the craze now. There are several in Salt Lake, but after calling this first lead and finding the number disconnected and then browsing the menu of this one. We gave that up.

I then stumbled upon Ellio's pizza. Now after reading a little bit more in forums, etc. I discovered that while some people suggest this to those hungering after these famous little pizzas, most claim, they are in fact just square pizzas and not the square pizzas. (I would like to state at this point that yes, they are more rectangle, but believe me, you refer to them as square. Don't ask questions.)

Finally I found the answer. And no, I'm not going to just hand it over. But I found those delicious 4" x 6" bites of nostalgia. They sell them in packs of 54. The company says they're "ideal for hungry students" and I couldn't agree more. And once Tyler and I figure out how to become an institution so we can acquire some I'm going to throw the biggest little party for pizza ever.

P.S. If you have any information regarding these pizzas please contact me..... it's serious.

6 comments:

mickelle said...

first of all, ew. i mean they were good back in the day, but its a new day. also i'm pretty sure they're like the same thing as totinos pizzas cut into squares. you should give that a try. put some sausages on it. wa-lah

Ju said...

LOL, I do not remember good pizza at our school... although I do remember enjoying the pizza pockets.

Eliza said...

OH MY GOSH I LOVE THE SQUARE PIZZAS!!!1!

Does an LLC count as an institution? If I get more freelance work ever I can become an LLC and WE CAN HAVE THE BEST PARTY FOR PIZZA OF OUR LIVES.

tylerandsharon said...

Britt this makes me laugh and remember all the good time is AR. Miss you!

Tyler said...

Britt...we'll get this figured out. We MUST figure it out.

I am still not above just lying and saying we are an institution. "The Bland School for the Mentally Disturbed" or "The Severson School for the Criminally Insane" or "The Pizza School for the Development of Pizza-related Activities."

I vote for the latter. Completely inconspicuous.

Charity Brown said...

I actually really liked those pizza squares as well! Don't ask why, just did...
I've never heard of restaurants that are like school food?? That's interesting...

 
Clicky Web Analytics