Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Mirror Images Can Be Confusing

One day as I'm sitting at an intersection, I feel my car hit from behind. Pull over to talk to the woman and look at the damage and here's where the hilarity starts. I look at my bumper and this is what it looks like...

Now the conversation that followed:
Offender: "Well, doesn't look like there's any damage."
Me: "Well, your license plate is on my bumper."
Off: "I don't think that was from me."
Me: "Yes.... you can read it... it's just reversed..."
Off: "Oh."

Yeah, I guess that can be really confusing, right? More like, how many times do you think I get rear-ended, wait until I get rear-ended again and try to post the blame on that person? Better yet, I can read the plate number; how are you going to deny that? What's great though was how rude this woman was to me, when she's the one who hit me.

The best part? When the police officier called her to help me file an accident report and he says, "What's your license plate number? Oh wait, I can read it here." And proceeds to read her plate number off my bumper. Good times, good times. And believe me, I was making much more sardonic comments in my head. Anyone else have great accident stories?

5 comments:

Caramel - Barbie said...

OMG! that's crazy! my friend has been rear ended a total of 4 times.Every single time she has been stopped at a red light! I was in an accident and my car was totaled.The woman that hit me was the lady that did my nails...also the owner of the salon. :( sad. She walks up to the car while i'm still Unconscious.
offender: Jazmine, ooh, oooh my! Are you okay???
me: *confused & dazed* Kathy??

so yea, that was my crazy story

Britt said...

Is it wrong that I laughed at your accident story? I just like that she's like "Oh my!" and you're unconscious. But that's only because you're blogging now, you must be ok. :p

Ju said...

LOL, that is a GREAT story!!! Love it!! The accident I was in didn't involve another car... but it did involve a 5 lb. bag of sugar and a 2 lb. bag of peanut M&M's (both of which were opened), jon and I thought were rocks and dirt!! Good time... good times...

4-Slyce said...

that's awesome. good post, i enjoyed that.

Jon said...

Lol that's funny. The "oh" and the look on their face must have been priceless! The police officer. Totally out of a comedy movie.

 
Clicky Web Analytics