Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Life of Pi


This weekend I got together with the new book club I'm in for our first meeting. My friends from Barnes & Noble have started it and it's so nice to be back in a group. This month we read Life of Pi by Yann Martel and I loved it. For those of you who have summer reading lists you should add it, you won't be disappointed. I would try to explain what it's about but as you can tell from the following Gchat exerpt I don't know if I really get the point across.

Mickelle: oh yeah, haha
i've seen that book before
whats it about?
Me: hmm that's kind of hard to explain. It's about this kid from India and he's a Christian, a Hindu, and a Muslim and his dad's a zookeeper and they're moving to Canada and their ship sinks and he ends up stranded on the ocean with a tiger.......


Really though it's a touching story about a boy's survival. From the first page of the Prologue I fell in love with the way Martel writes. He has a great voice. So if you're interested check it out and let me know your reaction.

No comments:

 
Clicky Web Analytics