Friday, February 22, 2008

Lunar Letdown


As many are aware, there was a total lunar eclipse on Wednesday. I looked forward to the night for weeks. Why? Maybe I'm a nerd like that. As Wednesday approached the weather was great and I did further research about analyzing the stages of the eclipse and measuring the light every 10 mins (yes, I said before, I'm a nerd). Finally the big day arrived. I wait for 8:25 and run outside in the freezing cold to go see the big show. Of course it's completely overcast and close to snowing. After wandering around in the cold, I trudged back inside. I quickly got online to see if anyone in the area could see it. I got to read hundreds of people (mostly from Canada, oddly enough) gushing about how amazing it was. That's just my luck that the day of it would get completely overcast. Don't worry though yesterday the weather was beautiful. Argh. I guess I'll just have to try again in about 3 years.

1 comment:

Ju said...

and this is why you need to move to oregon!!! It was beautiful!!

 
Clicky Web Analytics